Last updated: December 1, 2022.
Mosaic’s Commitment to Privacy
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On Websites owned, provided, or operated by Mosaic;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Mosaic; and
It does not apply to any information collected by Mosaic offline or through other means, such as through websites operated by third parties, or information collected by third parties, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What Types of Information Does Mosaic Collect and How Does Mosaic Use this Information?
1. We collect non-personal information about online visitors in order to improve your online experience.
To optimize your user experience and enhance your time spent with us online, we collect information about your visits to our sites, such as your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type, operating system, mobile network, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, general location information, pages accessed on our sites, the date and time of access, the content, and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked, and the last site you visited before you came to our site. This information is collected automatically as you move through the Website(s). The information we collect automatically does not include personal information; however, we may retain or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We also use this information to help us improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. The technologies used for this automated data collection may include cookies and web beacons.
2. We collect personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide to us.
Mosaic collects personally identifiable information, including your name, address, the name of the company for which you work, your title, your phone number, your country, and your e-mail address when you voluntarily submit this information to us.
- if you click "Contact Us" at the bottom of www.cropnutrition.com you will be invited to provide your name, the name of the company for which you work, your title, your phone number, and your country, along with your comment or question for us. We will use this information to contact you in response to your comment or question.
- if you use the “Retail Value Calculator”, you will provide us some commercial and personal information about your preferences (acreage, Crops, Products Sold, Products Used, Product Interest, Preferred Retailer). We may use this information to link you with your preferences.
- if you subscribe to receive our communications, we will use your contact information to send you the Farm Journal and other content by e-mail or maybe SMS, if you prefer.
We use this information that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Mosaic.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To help us improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- In any other way that we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use this information, unless you request otherwise, to keep you updated about Mosaic's latest product announcements, and upcoming events. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
We may also share your personally identifiable information as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- At times, Mosaic may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Mosaic to provide products and services, or that help Mosaic market to customers who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, our third party service providers may include companies who provide services such as web site hosting and support, customer service, retail partners, email and postal delivery of marketing materials, auditing, and other similar services. Personal information will only be shared by Mosaic to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provide it.
- With a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) in which personal information held by Mosaic about our Website(s) users is among the assets transferred.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Note that the information we share does not include text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
You can change your cookie settings in our Website on our cookie banner. Please note that even if you opt out (clean your cookies, cache, etc.), these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see our ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through our tracking technology criteria.
We may also use Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Mosaic, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Web Sites
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Data Subject’s Rights
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe such an action would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Mosaic does not sell the personal information of Nevada residents. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you may request email confirmation that we do not sell your personal information by sending an email to Mosaic.Marketing@mosaicco.com with the subject line “Request for Nevada Privacy information,” and we will provide the requested confirmation to you in an email reply.
Privacy Notice for Canadian Residents
If you are a Canadian resident, Canadian law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your Canadian privacy rights, visit Privacy Notice for Canadian Residents.